First, we finished building a Shelterlogic tent/shed. This is going to house some of our wood supply.
Ceredwyn and Owain had done a lot of work already: cleaning the ground, connecting metal pieces, assembling the skeleton, balancing and rebalancing the legs. So yesterday my wife and I threw a gigantic, heavy tarp over the framework, and secured it in place. We raked out the new floor and set down a huge plastic ground sheet. Next to come: wooden pallets and, well, wood.
|Our house is off to the left.|
Second, we worked on the chicken coop. It's still suffering from last year's bear attacks (June, July; story), which skewed the cattle-panel framework, collapsed an interior support, and shredded some outer perimeter chicken wire fences. I stood inside and used my back to lift up the roof, then shoved a beam into place to hold it a little higher up. Ceredwyn and I put up a tarp and cleaned up eggs old and new.
Then, just outside the chicken enclosure, we found a surprise next with eggs:
Every chance we get in summer - when we have a little work downtime, when we're healthy, when it's not raining - we work outside. It's usually this mix of making something new, while maintaining something else.